When designing a new kitchen, there are many things to take into consideration in order to create a space that is both functional and stylish. Here are 10 important factors to keep in mind:
1. Layout – The layout of your kitchen is crucial in determining its overall function. Be sure to consider the work triangle when planning your layout – this is the distance between the sink, stove, and fridge, and is the most efficient way to move around your kitchen.
2. Storage – Adequate storage is essential in any kitchen. Be sure to include plenty of both upper and lower cabinets, as well as pantry space if possible.
3. Appliances – Choose your appliances carefully, taking into account both their function and their aesthetic. Stainless steel is a popular choice for many, but be sure to consider energy efficiency as well.
4. Countertops – The countertops are one of the most important surfaces in your kitchen. Be sure to choose a material that is both durable and easy to clean.
5. Backsplash – The backsplash is a great way to add both style and functionality to your kitchen. Be sure to choose a material that is easy to clean and maintain.
6. Lighting – Proper lighting is essential for any kitchen. Be sure to include both overhead and task lighting in your design.
7. Flooring – The flooring you choose for your kitchen should be both durable and easy to clean. Popular choices include tile, hardwood, and laminate.
8. Windows – Windows can help to brighten up your kitchen and make it feel more open and spacious. Be sure to consider both their function and their placement when designing your kitchen.
9. Sinks – The sink is another important surface in your kitchen. Be sure to choose a material that is both durable and easy to clean.
10. Finishes – The finishes you choose for your kitchen should complement the overall style of your home. Popular choices include paint, wallpaper, and tile.
Designing a kitchen is as much a science as it is an art. Knowing the recommended measurements to use when planning the project can make all the difference in the final outcome.
Should you need assistance or would rather we take on the tedious task of designing your kitchen, do not hesitate to contact us. Just click here to schedule an appointment.